Monday, February 23, 2009

Best Friends Forever...

Preparing for Isobel's birthday party was quite a chore. I had no idea it could be so difficult to plan a 6th birthday.

After much deliberation we decided to go with a girls only party. Mostly because there were only three boys Isobel wanted to invite. One was out of town for the month and one was unlisted, making it impossible to send an invitation. The idea of inviting only one boy seemed cruel.

She carefully chose her guest list. It took three days for her to narrow it down to the 13 she wanted to invite. She was constantly adding and removing people. Finally she had it just right and we sent out the invitations.

Two days before her party Isobel came home from school and told me that she had to invite a girl in her class to her party.

"Isobel she wasn't on your list and now it is too late to add her." I calmly told her, although I was a little irritated considering how meticulous she was in creating her list.

"But I have to Mom." she whined.

"Why?"

"Because she is my best friend."

"If she is your best friend, why wasn't she on your original list?"

"She only told me we were best friends today, mom."

I just love this girl!

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google