Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Clear thoughts are over-rated...

I have not written anything in ages... and I mean anything. I had this grand notion that once I was no longer working I would have all of this energy to write. Somehow, I would magically organize my life and my thoughts and be able to sit down from 9 - 12 and write 1,000 words. That has not happened. In fact, the opposite has happened. I am currently more unorganized than I have ever been in my entire life and I can't seem to pull myself together enough to correct the situation.

One would think that in the 6 hours a day two of the three kids are out of the house I would be able to get something done, but alas I cannot. I am constantly playing catch up which makes anything pre-emptive impossible. The sad thing is I don't have anything to show for it. It isn't as if I am sitting around watching TV or sleeping or even reading a book.

My time gets sucked into a giant black hole of staring at the piles of everything I have to do, but not actually doing it. I guess it is true, one can feel so overwhelmed that it is easier to do nothing. This will pass... right?

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google