Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A childlike obsession...




Spring means different things to different people. To me, spring is a time when everything is fresh and new. I love the smell of a spring storm, the sound of the birds at 5:00 in the morning, and all of the life that surrounds me.

To my kids, spring means they can go outside and ride their bikes. They have been asking my husband for months to unpack their bike helmets. Apparently a 2 and 5 year old think that once you have the helmets you can ride your bike (the chicken or the egg, kid style). On Saturday, Jon finally got the helmets out of a box and the kids got to ride their bikes.

The only problem is that Eli has become obsessed with his helmet. It is a battle to get him to take it off. We actually had to make new rules - no bike helmets at the table or in bed. I have heard of parents having a hard time getting their kids to wear helmets, but has anyone else had to fight to get one off of their kids?

This appears to be another example of the failure of this mommy's mind, because for the life of me, I can't come up with a solution. Of course, I am not convinced it is a problem. I can say, that there is nothing cuter then Eli "riding his bike" as he is doing in the above picture.

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google