Friday, April 4, 2008

I hate you...


What is the obsession with the phrase "I hate you" in young kids. Isobel went through that awful phase and now Eli is smack in the middle of it. With Isobel we just had to tell her that "hate" is a bad word and she should never say it. After a couple of reminders, she stopped. Eli, however, doesn't care that it is a bad word. If I remind him that it is a bad word he just gives me his little evil eye and says it again and again. The biggest problem is that it is rather comical. After we explained to him that hate is not nice and it makes people sad, he has started following it up with "I like you". Now, if you do anything that Eli doesn't like, his little eyes squint and he says… "I hate you, I like you".

So, I have exhausted my mommy's mind and I am at a total loss. I think I will just have to settle for "well, I love you, Eli."

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google