Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sweet or Manipulative... you decide.

This morning Eli decided he wanted to play on the computer. We have a small selection of computer games the kids can play on our old computer. Eli chose a Dora the Explorer game which is advanced for his skill level, but he really wanted to play. I told him he could and asked Isobel to turn it on for him. This was the conversation that followed:

"Eli, sweetie, this game is way too hard for two year olds. It is only for five year olds. You can really only play Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh."

"hmmmm.... want Mickey Mouse."

"Great choice, honey! That is a great choice. Just let me turn it on for you."

I am sitting in my office thinking "wow... I must have done something right... listen to how sweet she is... I am such a great mom." Then I hear this...

"Oh Honey, let me just show you how to play first."

It has been 30 minutes and Isobel is still showing Eli "how to play".

One would think that Eli would be screaming at this point... I expect to hear "I want to play, Bel, it is my turn"... but no, not my Eli. He is laughing and yelling "Good Job, Bel!”

So, maybe we did do something right after all...

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google