Friday, March 25, 2011

Doctor Who

I love, love, love Doctor Who! Unfortunately, I am of a generation that didn't have access to the Doctor as children. I didn't even meet the Time Lord until his 9th incarnation, portrayed by Christopher Eccleston. I became smitten with the 9th doctor, but he didn't fully capture my heart until his 10th incarnation, portrayed by David Tennant. I honestly wasn't sure I would ever recover from the heartache of the three knocks which caused the catastrophic regeneration and tragic departure of David Tennant. In his next incarnation, Matt Smith had to work very hard to win me over as the 11th doctor, but alas he prevailed and I am more in love than ever.

For the first time in the history of the series the doctor and his companions filmed episodes on US soil. I am holding an imaginary grudge agains all people who were lucky enough to be in the Salt Lake City, UT area during the filming.

Below is a video released by the BBC to introduce the first two-part episode of the upcoming season which will air on BBC America April 23rd. Enjoy!




If you have not been privy to Doctor Who, please take some time to check it out. All five seasons of the new series, and a number of seasons from the original series, are currently available on Netflix live streaming. You can also catch re-runs on BBC America, check your local listings for times.

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google