Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I hate Coconut...

I hate coconut... It isn't only the flavor, it is the texture. I just can't stand the feel of coconut in my mouth. The thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Yuck!

A few weeks ago, my dear friend, S, told me that she had tried Samoas for the first time this year and loved them. She had always been a beloved member of my "hate coconut" camp. However, in the fifteen years S. and I have been friends, she has never steered me wrong. So, I ordered my very first box of Samoas.

Today, Emmy and I opened that box and we tried our first Samoa. I have to say... I do not know what those Girl Scouts do with these cookies, but they are delicious. As a tried and true Coconut hater, I can honestly say these cookies break out of the coconut mold and melt in your mouth. If you are like me and refused to try Samoas because you don't like coconut... I urge you to step out of your comfort zone and take just one bite.

Girl Scouts are out at cookie booths pushing their tasty treats, check your local grocery store and buy a box of Samoas (or any of the other varieties). At only $3.50 a box, buying cookies is great way to help your local Girl Scouts (oh and did I mention the yummy cookies).

*FOLLOW UP GAME: How many times can one person use the word coconut in a single post?*

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google