Monday, January 24, 2011

First Day of School

Okay... I realize it is January, but the kids did have a first day of school, in fact there were three very distinct first days of school this year.

First, we sent Isobel off to her first day of 2nd grade. As I look back on this blog and look at the pictures of her first day of preschool I am shocked by how much she has grown. It is an amazing adventure watching your kids grow up, I love every minute of it. Here she is, on her way to 2nd grade.

Two days later, I put my little Eli on the bus for his first day of kindergarten. He seems to have some anxiety regarding change, so I was concerned how he would react when it came time to get on the bus. He was the one that I thought would cling and have a tough time separating... I was wrong. He flew on that bus and was ready to go. I guess I should pat myself on the back for his strength of character and courage, but I pouted a little. I am glad he went willingly, but a little, bitty part of my heart broke when I watched my handsome boy happily driven away from me.
Just a few weeks after my heartbreak, Emmy enjoyed her first day of Preschool. She is in the same class at Lakeview that Eli was in (with the same teachers). It is a little surreal to have her attend the same preschool I was carrying her into before she could walk. It allows me to see how much she has grown. I often look at her like she is still a baby (I know it is the baby child syndrome), to see her in this environment forces me to see that she is no longer a baby. I have to admit, I am not sad about this, if there is one thing I know it is that I am over the baby years.



No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google