Monday, January 24, 2011

Izzy aka Isobel

Isobel has had an internal struggle regarding a nickname for some time. She likes the name Isobel, and she doesn't mind that Jon and I call her Bel, but she never wanted the teachers or her friends to call her Bel. Over the years, her friends have been calling her Izzy, but she was never willing to make it her official nickname. I can only imagine that a bit of her hesitance came from my begging to please not make us call her Izzy. Alas, the first week of school I attended the orientation in her class room. I sat down at her seat in the corner and read her name tag, Izzy. After that, it was official. Every communication I get from her teacher refers to her as Izzy and all her friends call her Izzy.

I guess it is time I accept the fact that my little girls is big enough to make some decisions on her own, and this is the first.

Therefore, I proudly introduce you to Izzy:


No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google