Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Born to Subtract

A few weeks ago, while at Target waiting for Jon to change Emmy's diaper, Isobel and I happened upon a $1, 1st-2nd Grade subtraction workbook. I decided that it was worth $1 to get a head start on subtraction.

A few nights later, Isobel was bored so we pulled out the workbook. The first page used picture examples to explain how subtraction works. Isobel and I talked about it a little, and then we went over some of the example problems, which according to her were super easy.

15 minutes later we were on page 4 of the workbook and Isobel was having a great time. In fact, as she wrote down another right answer she looked up at me and smiled.

"I think maybe I was born to do subtraction." Her voice so matter of fact, as if there was no other explanation.

It is good to know that at the age of 6, Isobel has found her true calling.

Poppy will be very happy to know that there is finally someone in the family who likes numbers as much as he does.

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google