Saturday, August 8, 2009

R.I.P. Gore

I remember the day we brought Gore home from the Humane Society. It was Thanksgiving Break and we were there for one last attempt at finding our missing dog, Pup (who some believe, after 12 years, ran away to die). We were walking through the kennel area and a little brown dog was scooting around a kennel. It broke my heart, so I asked the person helping us if he was available for adoption. Unfortunately, he was not. He had been so badly abused that his hip was shattered and he would most likely never walk again. Although they hoped he may be adoptable at some point, they could not place him for adoption until the charges were brought against his previous owner. I watched the dog for awhile, feeling very sad that we couldn't give this poor puppy a good home. Then I heard the sniffing.


I looked in the kennel next to the poor abused brown dog and saw this little black puff ball with an enormous tongue. It was love at first sight. This dog was perfect for our family, so much so that I barley had to ask, much less convince my parents that this dog was meant to be in our family.


That was 16 years ago and I was right. Gore was a perfect addition to our family. Today my parents had to take that member of our family to the vet and have her put to sleep. I know it was devastating for them, they loved her so much... she will be missed

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google