Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reading Wednesday - Charles Jessold, Considered as a Murderer

If we have ever had a conversation about books or music, then you have heard me talk about Wesley Stace aka John Wesley Harding. If not, you should know... I love him.

His music, although not typically my taste, has a very special place in my heart. His voice is strong and clean and his lyrics are storytelling at it's finest. His live shows are amazing! If you ever have a chance to see John Wesley Harding, I strongly suggest you do. Not only does he interact with the audience on stage, you will find him selling cd's at the end of the night. Usually providing lively conversation while signing autographs.

I remember the first time I heard that Wesley Stace was writing a book, I was crazy excited. I couldn't fathom a better person to tell me a story. Misfortune is still among my favorites. Stace was able to weave this story in the most intricate of manners. The gamut of emtions felt while reading this story was unbearable. I was literally awed as I turned the last page. I have said for years that it is among my favorite endings to a book, ever. If you have not read Misfortune, I highly recommend it.

Yesterday, Stace released his third novel, Charles Jessold, Considered as a Murderer. Below is some sort of silly interview that someone, somewhere thinks is clever... I am not one of those people. Although I have been told that Eugene Mirman is funny, I don't think this video is a good example. Regardless, I plan to run out tonight and buy this novel at my local Borders and hope you will do the same.

Oh and if you are at all curious, Stace's second novel, By George, is also fantastic.

If you have never read, or heard, anything by Wesley Stace, you must do so immediately. I am sure your life will be even more full once you allow this creative genius in.

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google