Friday, August 22, 2008

Isobel's First Day

Isobel was so excited to go to kindergarten this morning she had a bounce to her step. We went to the bus stop at about 8:15 (pick up is 8:20). There is only one other kid that gets on at our stop, he is in second grade and quite a little show off.

When the bus stopped she climbed on like a pro and never even turned around to say bye.

The sad part is that we were on the wrong side of the street, so we had to run across to get her on the bus. The result was that I didn't even get to say good bye, much less get a hug. Of course, it would have been more for me than her. I guess I should be glad that she got on the bus so willingly. I have a bit of (okay a lot of) seperation anxiety and I really don't want to pass it down to her.

The positive of the last minute rush, she really was gone before I started to cry... goal accomplished!

No comments:

Random thoughts of a work at home mom struggling to maintain an identity of her own.

Google